Friday, January 30

Vintage treasure and stuff



I've just finished my first week back at uni and am knackered! 
We've got a brief to be drawing people that we don't know, so I've been to the hairdresser, the local library, bus station and greasy spoon to try and catch interesting types. The results are ranging from bad to awful so far... fingers crossed I'll improve!

We're also now doing a Photoshop module which seems quite fun, again we have to do character studies of strangers which we can then digitally manipulate so I anticipate lots of sitting in coffee shops with a sketchpad over the next month or so. I guess it could be worse!

I'm also in the process of designing a poster for a freakshow attraction for a typography project, and also need to research graphic novels for a seminar talk I have to give in 7 weeks! Erk. Anyway all's well and good, and I'm still loving the course :)

Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend. 

3 comments:

Francesca said...

i like your graph paper pencil cases very much.

seminar talk...eeuugh! i used to dread them. they seem to think they're important for some reason.

Anna Betts said...

It's a weird thing to need to be good at, especially if you're hoping to lead a creative yet hermit-like existence once graduated, which I am!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Love love love that teapot!